DOW CORNING 895 Structural Glazing Sealer is a one-part, neutral curing silicone sealant designed specifically for the structural bonding of glass, metal, and other building components. It can also be used to adhere stiffening elements to building panels and for other similar adhesive applications. Neutral alkoxy cures at room temperature on exposure to water vapour in the air, giving off a small amount of methanol.
This product is available in 184 liter drums, 20 liter pails, 310ml cartridges (12 per box) and 600ml sausages. Note: this listing is for the 310ml cartridge. If you need another type of package, please contact our customer service team.
- Meets European standards for structural glazing application
- Excellent adhesion to a wide range of substrates including coated, enameled and reflective glasses and polyester coated aluminium profiles and stainless steel profiles
- Odorless and non-corrosive cure system
- One-component product
- Resistant to ozone
- Excellent stability through wide range of temperatures: -50C to +150C
- Available in different colours.
- The cured product exhibits excellent weathering characteristics, and a high resistance to ultra-violet radiation heat and humidity
- High tensile strength makes it ideally suited for structural bonding applications
DOW CORNING 895 Sealant should not be used for structural applications without the prior written approval of Dow Corning Construction Industry Technical Services Department. Each project should be specifically and separately approved by Dow Corning. Project specific approval involves the following prerequisites:
- Joint dimensioning and print reviews.
- Successful laboratory adhesion and compatibility testing to all building components.
- Observance of professional sealant application and workmanship standards.
- Users should always consult Dow Corning Technical Services Department for adhesion recommendation. Dow Corning shall not be held liable for any possible claims arising from structural glazing use of DOW CORNING 895 Sealant for projects which have not been specifically approved by Dow Corning.
- For projects which have been approved, Dow Corning will issue a structural adhesion warranty on a case by case basis at the user's request. It is the user's exclusive responsibility to ensure project compliance with local building regulations. Because of the risk of incompatibility, DOW CORNING 895 Sealant should not come into contact with, or be exposed to, sealants that liberate acetic acid.
- This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses.