Dow Corning 817 Mirror Adhesive is a one-part silicone sealant for internal fixation of mirrors, coated glass or metal panels onto various substrates. Available in neutral colour.
- Non-corrosive, odorless, ready to use gun grade sealant which reacts with air moisture
- Excellent unprimed adhesion on most glasses, metals and mirror coatings
- Outstanding resistance to heat and humidity
- High modulus to reduce the sealant consumption
- Resistant to ozone, ultra-violet radiation and temperature extremes
Usable Life & Storage
When stored in cool, dry conditions below 30°C (86°F) in the original unopened containers, DOW CORNING 817 Mirror Adhesive has a usable life of 12 months from the date of production.
DOW CORNING 817 Mirror Adhesive is supplied in 310ml cartridges packed in boxes of 12.
- Do not use DOW CORNING 817 Mirror Adhesive on bituminous substrates, substrates based on natural rubber, choloroprene or EPDM or on building materials which might bleed oils, plasticisers or solvents.
- Do not use DOW CORNING 817 Mirror Adhesive in a totally confined space because the sealant requires atmospheric moisture to cure.
- DOW CORNING 817 Mirror Adhesive is not recommended for use in submerged applications or in applications where physical abuse of abrasion is likely to occur.
- When used with safety mirrors (single pane mirrors laminated with a plastic film at the back to prevent shattering of the glass when broken), first check adherence of DOW CORNING 817 Mirror Adhesive on the plastic film.
- This product is not suitable for areas where food contact is likely.
- DOW CORNING 817 Mirror Adhesive is not recommended for structural glazing or insulated glazing applications.
- This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses.