Dow Corning 799 is a one part, plastic and glass silicone sealant for use in glazing and curtain walling applications. It has excellent adhesion to most plastics including PVC-U and polycarbonate profiles and panels. It also contains a fungicide for use in areas of high humidity where mould growth is likely.
For use in glazing applications that utilise plastic sheeting (including polycarbonate sheeting), and for perimeter pointing of door and window frames.
- Excellent adhesion to polycarbonate
- Excellent weathering characteristics, including resistance to ozone, UV radiation and temperature extremes
- Highly flexible
- Joint movement capability +/- 50%
- Conforms to ISO 11600-F&G-25LM
- Neutral cure type
- 5 minutes working time
- Fast cure – tack free in 2 hours
- Application temperature range +5 to +40°C
- Noncorrosive sealant
- Cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture
- Unprimed adhesion to many construction materials
- Once cured, the sealant forms a durable and flexible bond with most building materials.
Usable Life & Storage
When stored in original, unopened containers at or below 32°C (90°F),Dow Corning 799 Silicone Glass and Metal Building Sealant has a usable life of 24 months from date of manufacture. Refer to product packaging for “Use By” date.
Dow Corning799 Silicone Glass and Metal Building Sealant is packaged in 10.3-fl oz (305-mL) disposable cartridges that fit ordinary caulking guns, 4.5-gal (17-L) bulk pails and 48-gal (182.4-L) fiber drums. It can be dispensed by many air-operated guns and most types of bulk dispensing equipment.
Dow Corning 799 Silicone Glass and Metal Building Sealant is not recommended for use:
- Below grade or in horizontal joints where physical abuse or abrasion is likely to be encountered
- For structural silicone glazing applications
- In totally confined spaces where sealant cannot cure because of a lack of atmospheric moisture
- On surfaces that will be painted (the paint film will not stretch with the extension of the sealant and may crack or peel)
- On wet or frost-laden surfaces
- On substrates that bleed oil or plasticizers
- This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses.
Dow Corning 799 Silicone Glass and Metal Building Sealant:
- May discolor sensitive metals such as copper and brass
- May stress-crack polycarbonate
Available in different colours: white & clear/transparent