Dow Corning 791 Silicone Weatherproofing Sealant is a one-part, neutral cure, architectural grade sealant. It easily extrudes in any weather and quickly cures at room temperature by reaction with moisture in the air to form a durable, flexible silicone rubber seal. Specifically designed for general glazing and weather sealing in curtain wall and building facades.
- Ideal for expansion, connection, perimeter and other movement joints
- Neutral cure
- Suitable for use on coated glass, galvanized steel, copper, masonry and other porous and non-porous substrates
- Low modulus sealant according to ISO standards; medium modulus according to Dow Corning standards
- Extension/compression movement capability of up to 50 percent of the original joint width
- Excellent weatherability, virtually unaffected by sunlight, rain, snow, ozone or temperature extremes
- Excellent unprimed adhesion to a wide variety of construction materials and building components, including anodized coated aluminum
Usable Life & Storage
When stored at or below 30°C (86°F) in the original unopened containers, DOWSIL 791 Silicone Weatherproofing Sealant has a usable life of 12 months from the date of manufacture. Refer to product packaging for “Use By” date.
DOWSIL 791 Silicone Weatherproofing Sealant is available in 300 ml disposable plastic cartridges that fit ordinary caulking guns, and 500 ml sausages.
DOWSIL 791 Silicone Weather-proofing Sealant is not approved for use as a structural sealant.
DOWSIL 791 Silicone Weather-proofing Sealant should not be used:
- When surface temperatures exceed 50°C (122°F)
- On surfaces that are continuously immersed in water
- On building materials that bleed oils, plasticizers or solvents, green or partially vulcanized rubber gaskets or tapes
- On frost-laden or wet surfaces
- In totally confined joints (the sealant requires atmospheric moisture for cure)
- If the sealant is intended to be painted (paints do not typically adhere to most silicone sealants)
- To surfaces in direct contact with food or other food-grade applications
- Natural stone unless substrate been approved or passed by ASTM C1248 non-stain test evaluation.
- This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses.
Available in different colours: White, Grey, Black