DOW CORNING 781 High Modulus Acetoxy Silicone Sealant is a one-part, silicone sealant which has good adhesion to a range of non-porous surfaces including glass, aluminum, painted surfaces and composite boards. It offers excellent resistance to aging, shrinkage, cracking and discoloring. It is also approved in certain countries for use in contact with potable water once cured.
-Solvent-free Conforms to ISO 11600-F&G-25HM
-Resistant to ozone, ultra-violet radiation and temperature extremes.
Technical Specifications & Standards
Conforms to ISO 11600-F&G-25HM. Listed by the UK Water Fittings Byelaws Scheme for use in contact with potable water, once cured.
How to use
Surface preparation: Ensure that surfaces to be sealed are clean, dry, sound and free from frost, release agents, old sealants and other contaminants which could impair adhesion. All surfaces should be cleaned and degreased by wiping with a suitable solvent such as DOW CORNING R40 Universal Cleaner on a clean oil- and lint-free cloth before application of sealant. Note: When using any solvent, always provide adequate ventilation. Avoid heat, sparks and open flames. Use solvent resistant gloves. Observe and follow all precautions listed on solvent container label.
Usable Life & Storage
When stored in cool, dry conditions below 30°C (86°F) in the original unopened containers, DOW CORNING 781 Silicone Sealant has a usable life of 27 months from the date of production.
DOW CORNING 781 Silicone Sealant is supplied in 310ml cartridges packed in boxes of 12.
- DOW CORNING 781 Silicone Sealant is not recommended for use on porous substrates such as concrete, stone, marble or granite.
- DOW CORNING 781 Silicone Sealant should not be used in contact with the edge seal of an insulated glazing unit.
- Do not use DOW CORNING 781 Silicone Sealant on bituminous substrates, substrates based on natural rubber, choloroprene or EPDM, or on building materials and flexible plastics which might bleed oils, plasticizers, or solvents.
- Do not use DOW CORNING 781 Silicone Sealant in a totally confined space because the sealant requires atmospheric moisture to cure. Because acetic acid is released during curing, it can corrode mirror silver and sensitive metals such as copper, brass and lead. DOW CORNING® 817 Mirror Adhesive should be used for this application.
- DOW CORNING 781 Silicone Sealant is not recommended for use on submerged joints, or in joints where physical abuse or abrasion is likely to occur.
- DOW CORNING 781 Silicone Sealant is not suitable for food contact applications. However, it has been listed by the UK Water Fittings Byelaws Scheme for use in contact with potable water, once cured.
- DOW CORNING 781 Silicone Sealant has not been designed for use as an aquarium sealant. DOW CORNING 781 Silicone Sealant is not recommended for structural glazing or insulated glazing applications.
- This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses.