- Faster, easier scuffing action – but not coarser
- Use for woodworking, metalworking, synthetic fabrication and maintenance operations
- Available in three color-coded grades, grey fine grade, purple very fine and copper ultra fine
- Very flexible and conformable for cleaning or fine finishing
- Replaces steel wool to eliminate contamination
- Can be folded, stacked or rolled
Scotch-Brite Multi-Flex Sheets come on a 20 foot (approx. 6m) perforated roll and works quickly and economically for sealer sanding, denibbing, defuzzing, highlighting and topcoat finishing applications. Scotch-Brite Multi-Flex Sheet is a good replacement for steel wool and eliminates contaminants. Designed for cleaning and finishing surfaces by hand.
The ultra-fine grade silicon carbide abrasive mineral is suitable for cleaning and finishing surfaces by hand in woodworking, metalworking, synthetics fabrication, and maintenance operations.
There are three grades of Scotch-Brite Multi-Flex Sheet:
- Most Aggressive — High Cut for Paint Prep and Wood. The most aggressive cutting grade is purple and is a highly conformable abrasive with high cut for paint preparation and wood finishes without dumping edges. It works great for scuffing new panels, door jambs and under bonnet areas. It is ideal for scuffing prior to primer and paint for proper mechanical adhesion, for tire clean-up and for cleaning grease, oil and rust from engine and other mechanical parts.
- Less Aggressive — For Exceptional Finishes on Wood and Metal. The grey Multi-Flex Sheets are perfect for preparing color coat and simple blending and can be used with 3M Prep and Blend Liquid (09308) or degreaser. Use these, as well, for light scuffing of primer and paint.
- Least Aggressive — For Cleaning and Fine Finishing. The least aggressive grade is copper and is used for water based paint systems and critical color blending. Use it for light scouring and with 3M Prep and Blend Liquid (09308) or degreaser.
Note: this listing is for the copper grade (ultra fine - least aggressive)