3M 80349 Extra Fine Compound has been developed specifically for modern scratch resistant paints to give a relative high cut and very high gloss. The product is equally useful on standard paints. It is intended for use on refinished or original paints to remove sanding scratches after rectifying paint defects such as dust nibs or orange peel. It can also be used as an alternative to 3M Machine Polish after using a coarser compound to restore finish.
- 3M 80349 is a fine automotive compound for use on refinished paints to remove sanding scratches after denibbing or flatting with 3M 260L P1500 abrasive discs or 3M Microfine 2000 grade Wetordry hand sanding paper or a 3M 9 micron abrasive disc.
- Use the appropriate size of Trizact Fine Finishing Discs 50076 (150 mm), 50075 (75 mm) or 3M A5 Trizact discs 50079 (32 mm) after sanding to refine the scratches before compounding.
Directions for Use
- 3M 80349 is recommended for use with an electric or air driven polisher (1500- 2000 rpm) equipped with a 3M 01927 Perfect-it Wool Compounding Pad on a 3M 09552/3 Back-up Pad.
- The wool pad should be used to give more aggression for the initial compounding stage until the scratches are removed.
- The pad should then be swapped for a 09550 Foam Compounding Pad to go over the compounded areas to restore glass.
- On typical hard scratch resistant paints the harder orange foam will achieve a perfect finish. On softer paints the use of the 3M 09738 (soft black) polishing pad is recommended.