3M™ 51815 Perfect-it™ Fast Cut Plus Extreme is an aggressive abrasive liquid compound for use on refinish paints to remove abrasive scratches during the paint rectification process. It can also be used to remove oxidation, scratches, car wash scratches, etc, on original manufacturer’s paints. It is easy to clean up and has a longer working time than 3M Fast Cut Plus.
- 3M™ Perfect-It™ Fast Cut Plus Extreme is a fast cutting abrasive liquid compound designed to quickly remove sanding scratches after flatting or denibbing process with 3M 260L P1500 then Trizact 3000.
- Obtain high gloss on both fresh or aged car paint.
- Use with a rotary or orbital polisher.
- Use with green pad of the 3M™s colour coded compound range.
- Our 3M™ Perfect-It™ Fast Cut Plus Extreme is one of the latest generation of award-winning colour coded compounds, designed for all kinds of paint rectification or restoration work, such as oxidation, surface scratches, car wash scratches, etc.
- Achieves a superior gloss finish
Directions for Use
3M™ Perfect-it™ Fast Cut Plus Extreme 51816/51815 is an easy to use aggressive abrasive liquid compound for use on refinish paints to remove scratches from P1200 to 3000 grade abrasives after sanding out defects during the paint rectification process. It can also be used to remove oxidation and scratches, car wash scratches, etc, on original manufacturer’s paints.
3M™ 51815 Perfect-it™ Fast Cut Plus Extreme is recommended to be used with an electric or air driven Polishing machine (900-1500 rpm) equipped with a 3M™ PerfectIt™ Compounding Sponge Pad. Can also be used on any industry typical foam or wool compounding pad.
• Shake bottle before use.
• Apply sufficient compound to the paint surface to work the flatted area, use up to 30% less than with existing compound. When starting with a dry compounding pad also apply compound direct to the pad to prime the pad.
• Place the pad on the panel and start the machine.
• Compound using medium pressure and reapply until the scratches are removed.
• 3M™ Perfect-It™ Fast Cut Plus Extreme has a long working time, minimal dusting and cleans up easily with a 3M™ Perfect-it™ High Performance Cloth.
• For improved finish follow with 3M™ Perfect-it™ III Extra Fine PLUS 80349, on a 3M™ Perfect-it™ III Polishing Pad 50488.
• Lastly, any compounding swirl marks can be removed using 3M™ Perfect Ultrafine SE Polish 50383 on a 3M™ Perfect-it™ III High Gloss Pad 50388.
• Note: any excess compound on plastics, rubbers or adjacent panels should be removed using a damp High Performance Cloth on finishing.