- Dry guide coat reveals surface imperfections such as pinholes and scratches
- Dry consistency requires no masking and requires no drying time
- Product may be used in both wet or dry sanding
- Contains no intentionally added solvents
- Powder is ideal to highlight body lines
3M Dry Guide Coat is used to identify surface imperfections such as pinholes in body filler and deep scratches in primer. Unlike liquid and aerosol guide coats, Dry Guide Coat requires no masking before use, and there is no dry time after application. The dry formula contains no intentionally added solvents and doesn't clog sandpaper while delivering easier cleanup.
When sanding polyester filler, it ensures the filler is flat with no ripples and that the body styling lines and contours are straight and correct. It also ensures the total primed area is sanded prior to top coating. Using this product prior to priming and sanding will save you rework later when surface imperfections would otherwise appear.
This dry guide coat is a bright orange powder that can be used on automotive and marine fillers, primers, paints and gelcoats. It may be used for either wet or dry sanding. The powder contains no intentionally added solvents that can cause painting problems.