- Removes 1200-1500 grade sand scratches, decreasing polishing time
- Exclusive Trizact technology delivers fast, consistent cut
- Foam backing provides flexibility and conformability for smooth finishes around contours
- Excellent for wet sanding to reduce dust and prolong disc life
- Hookit attachment system allows for fast disc changes with 3M Hookit backup pads
3M Trizact Performance Sanding Abrasive Disc combines fast cut and consistent, refined finish for your auto body projects. This P3000 sanding disc features our Trizact structured abrasive – its microscopic three-dimensional mineral structures resemble pyramids. This patterned, precise abrasive on a flexible foam backing removes fine sand scratches and leaves surfaces ready for polishing. A foam backing makes the disc conformable for excellent consistency even around contours. This P3000 grade disc is so precise it is even recommended for creating refined, scratch-free finishes to stainless steel.
The Trizact Performance Sanding Abrasive Disc is ideal during Stage 4 of the 3M Body Repair System, and helps reduce time and materials needed for polishing. The Trizact products feature microreplication — small 3-dimensional structures are reproduced and then uniformly distributed over the surface of the abrasive. These patterned, precise mineral structures contain multiple layers of abrasive mineral. As the structures wear, fresh, sharp mineral is exposed. The result is that the abrasive cuts faster, allows for precise finish control, and stays sharper longer, meaning you use fewer discs and save money as well as time.
About the 3M Body Repair System:
Even a small repair can seem complex at first. So 3M's Body Repair System simplifies the entire automotive body repair process by dividing it into four stages:
- Stage 1 — Prepare. This stage includes pulling dents, removal of paint and rust and efficient, effective masking of the area.
- Stage 2 — Fill. This stage involves patching holes with reinforced filler and smoothing and shaping filler before painting.
- Stage 3 — Paint.This stage includes painting the area and blending and smoothing primer and paint.
- Stage 4 — Finish. The final stage for showroom-grade results: removing small defects, sealing and polishing clear coats and other painted surfaces.
3M supplies premium products such as abrasives, tapes, body fillers and tools for every stage. This system helps you work easily, efficiently and successfully across the entire body repair process. Contact our customer service team if you are interested in the other products in this range.