3M™ Perfect-It™ Gelcoat Light Cutting Compound + Wax combines polish and protection in one step. Its premium chemical and mineral formula quickly removes light to medium oxidation, swirl marks and scratches of P800 and finer sand scratches with a 3M™ compounding pad. It is designed to work over a broad range of climates. Its non-gritty formula works on all types of gelcoat surfaces, leaving an extremely fine finish with easy clean up. To reduce compounding time, refine sanding marks with 3M™ Trizact™ 1500 before compounding.
- Removes swirl marks even on difficult dark-colored gelcoats
- Can be used to cut, polish and wax in one step, reducing time and expense
- Formula provides longer wet time for extended product life and easier cleanup
- Suitable for non-silicone-sensitive gelcoat surfaces including marine, caravans and industrial
- This gelcoat polish leaves a smooth, high gloss wax finish even on dark-colored gelcoats, and it protects the gelcoat surface against weathering.
- The polish, which is suitable for environments not sensitive to silicone, has a long wet time, allowing you to use it longer before you need new material. You use less product even in warmer climates, yet it handles well and does not clog on the buffing pad.
- The formula also includes a wax coating which helps protect the gelcoat surface from the elements and reduces the need for further waxing. The combined benefits of a polish and waxes in one product mean you spend more time relaxing on your boat out on the water and less time detailing it. Enjoyment is what having a boat is all about.
- Part of a Complete Range of Products for Gelcoat Cutting, Polishing, Washing and Waxing. The full series of 3M products created specifically for gelcoat includes 3M™ Perfect-It™ Boat Wash, 3M™ Perfect-It™ Heavy Cutting Compound, 3M™ Perfect-It™ Medium Cutting Compound + Wax and 3M™ Perfect-It™ Boat Wax.
Directions for Use
1. Apply material to a 2’ x 2’ area.
2. Use the buffing pad on the buffer to spread material to reduce slinging.
3. Buff area using a 3M Wool Compounding pad with buffer set between 1200 and 2000 rpm.
4. Buff area using light to medium pressure. As material begins to dry reduce pressure.
Directions for Use by Hand:
1. Apply material to a 1’x 1’ area using a clean microfiber detailing cloth.
2. Rub gelcoat surface in a circular motion. Work the area until the material is gone. Do not allow product to haze.
3. Heavily oxidized surfaces may require multiple applications or application by machine